Monday 27 August 2007

August 26 ~ Watchful



This is one of the friendly neighbourhood cats. He often sleeps on the roof of our shed, as it gets lovely and warm in the sun. He's not an ordinary cat, however; he doesn't bother the birds at all. He sits and sleeps while they visit the feeders in the garden. He does like chasing (and eating!) grasshoppers though. Told you he was strange! I tried to capture a shot of him chasing them, but all he wanted to do once he spotted me was pose.

I never did get out for sunrise. I woke up at 3:30am as planned and started to get ready, then realized I was far too exhausted to want to risk a 2 hour round trip alone in the car. I figured it wasn't as if it was the only time I could see the sunrise there coincide with low tide, so I went back to bed for some obviously much-needed sleep. The next weekend where the sunrise coincides with low tide there is the 8th and 9th of September, so the plan is to drive up there one morning that weekend instead.

4 comments:

RUTH said...

Leanne's cat is another non-bird chaser and quite happy to just sit and laze....until I get my camera out! Then she runs away... :o( I'd love to be able to join you for one of your sunrise jaunts.
Rx

CG said...

hi Anna! Lovely cat; facially he looks a bit like my Basil. Sounds like you made the right decision not to take that long drive. Have a great Monday!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Anna,
No! its not easy at all to make a clear shot of any animal in action. But you did very well "catched" his expression. :)

By the way:
Pick up your nomination from ME, I gave you an award, for.... just look read WHY and see.Thank you!

Bye :) JoAnn

Andree said...

stunning cat. I have the same problem with mine. i see them seriously hunting from the window. i sneak out yet they sense my presence and come running to me: leaving the hunt! but your photo is wonderful.