Sunday 25 March 2007

March 23 ~ First Portrait


This is my first-ever attempt at studio portraits. This young girl is the daughter of one of the members of my camera club, and very patiently sat while we took what seemed like endless photographs of her. It was her first time modelling, and she was a natural. I enjoyed the session, but I do prefer my work with inanimate objects and landscapes LOL - I don't have to try to explain to them how I want them to pose, I can control it! It was a fun evening though, and I think this turned out well for a first attempt.

It's been a busy weekend so far, so apologies for not posting this sooner.

{{{HUGS}}}

5 comments:

CG said...

There is a lovely dreamy quality to this. I think I'd be terrified of taking portrait shots so you've done extremely well!

Northernbaygirl said...

Wow Anna, you really would not know that this was your first try at portraiture, lovely shot, really conveys a sense of softness and innocence about the model.

Really well done xxx

RUTH said...

Well done a lovely photo of a lovely young lady.

Anna said...

I love the softness...I like to shoot portraits like this...

Nice job Anna! :)

AphotoAday said...

Well, for your first attempt, I think you hit it "spot on"...   Very nice lighting, and of course, a very pretty gal... --makes me feel, oh, so old...