Sunday 29 July 2007

July 29 ~ Over the Rainbow

What a day! I headed down to the beach for the Sunderland International Airshow this afternoon. Thoroughly enjoyed myself, despite the occasional rain shower.

My goal today was to get a better shot of the Red Arrows flying in formation that I achieved last year at the airshow. I was THRILLED when I captured this one! Not only did I get them flying in a Diamond 9, but I captured them flying over a rainbow! Yes, that rainbow really WAS there and isn't a Photoshopped addition (I wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to do that, anyway!). I am utterly delighted with the shot, and even if it's the only good one I have from today, it was worth it.

6 comments:

RUTH said...

What a fabulous photo; right place, right time, right photographer :o)

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a terrific picture. You certainly nailed this picture.

Hey, I have been seeing your name a lot in the photo magazines!

Congratulations.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Hi Anna

That shot is fabulous!!! Wow what a great capture, one of those once in a lifetime shots and you caught it beautifully!

Hope all is well. (((Hugs)))) you are always in my thoughts.

Lori

mrsnesbitt said...

Awesome!
Agree with everything Ruth says!

Blossom said...

Wow Anna this is an amazing shot of the Arrows. I saw them at the Lowestoft Airshow and got nothing to compare with this.

Churchma said...

Sensational picture! But I like the ones posted later, too. You have a major gift!